Saturday 19 March 2011

Further evidence that I am a twat

(not as if any evidence is required, but still...)

Mr Badger is currently away, throwing himself off mountains in Andalusia, so I am wrangling the Lumpy single handedly. As I was giving him a bath the other night, I thought that it would be nice to take some photos to remind the doting father of what he was missing (apart from continually interrupted sleep, of course. Moan, groan, grizzle, etc.) at first, it all went well. Lumpy looked suitably cute, giving his duckie a big kiss (i.e. biting it to death).


He also obliged by drinking his bath water and giving himself a comedy foam beard.


Then it all started to go a bit wrong. Lumpy, you see, is fascinated with phones and cameras. And what was I using to take his picture? Yes, a camera phone. Which is basically like baby crack to Lumpy. As soon as he sees it he musthavemusthavemusthave gimmegimmegimme booblady noooooooooow!!!! Rrrrrwwwoooaaaaaar! So, rather predictably, he started flailing towards the phone, desperately trying to grab it. And what did I, the intelligent and responsible parent, do? I kept taking photos, of course. Because, as stated above, I am a twat.









Did I also mention that Lumpy has recently learned to stand up? No?







About a nanosecond after I took this photo, the bath toppled dramatically, and rather predictably, sideways, spilling the water, and almost the Lumpy, down the plughole.

I didn't take a picture of that. Because I'm not that much of a twat. Almost. But not quite.

5 comments:

  1. 1) You aren't a twat
    2) I didn't realise Mr Badger was away - when is he back, do you want any company?
    3) Lumpy is looking different, more boy less baby I think. Still bloody gorgeous though.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Emily here on point 1. You are also right on point 3, I think it may be the hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Lumpy has a white beard, that's why he looks like a boy.

    I've decided not to mention the twat thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo... It's like you're holding up a mirror to my life... Not that I look like a gorgeous baby boy... I was thinking more that twat thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, he's all grown up now. I'll be sending him off to work next week. Get 'em earning young, that's what I say.

    Twattery seems rife amongst us parents, notmuchofarunner. Maybe we should start up Twats Anonymous?

    ReplyDelete